Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Faucet

My bathroom sink was leaking hot water for several months. I'm thinking 4-5 months, but it might be longer... since it was pretty bad when people came over on New Year's.

The problem is, we didn't know how to find a handyman. The guy we used to call left for Japan 8 months ago.

But Ichigo found a new handyman (a resident of Mr/Mrs M's building) & she had him come over today to fix the faucet.

Nevermind that I went to sleep at 3am and woke up at 5am to take Sat to the airport.

I come back home at 7am & went back to sleep... and the handyman showed up at 9am.

And Ichigo was there, so I should have been fine sleeping in the living room... but they kept waking me up every 20 mins to ask questions. Where's the pliers? Are there any plastic boxes? Why aren't you going to work?

Anyway, I woke up to take a photo of the sink minus the old faucet


Then Ichigo & the handyman headed over to OSH to buy a new faucet.

My request:
* Longer neck, or at least the water spout higher up
* Prefer lever handles
* Prefer single lever
* Silver

So this is what I got


I would have preferred a simpler design, but this is all they could find at OSH.

I was also told that my sink is an old type that requires washers, so they scrambled around looking for them. They found washers at the third location (B&B Hardware on Washington & Centinela).

Next home project: adding the plates to the light switches & electric outlets.
I haven't put them back on since we moved in 3 years ago.

But there are a lot of other things that haven't been worked on for three years... like repainting the inside doors & frames, sanding the front door & re-varnishing it, painting the sink area walls, putty-ing the nail holes in the wall trim & painting the trim, repainting the kitchen cabinet doors, finish adding the handles on the kitchen cabinet doors... it's endless!

1 comment:

Dave T said...

yay now you can wash your hands without smashing your fingers into the sink!