Monday, June 2, 2008

怪しい Person Walking Around in COSTCO

Sat needed new glasses & I was on my last pair of contact lenses, so we made an appointment at the eye doctor at Marina del Rey COSTCO.

Sat, who had good insurance coverage at H Co & continued her coverage using COBRA, has been going to a different (= more expensive) eye doctor in the area. But now that she's on her self-employed health insurance, she went the poorman route & went to COSTCO with me.

I'm lazy, so I like to get go get an eye exam every other year & stockpile contact lenses right before the prescription expires. And I just ran out of my two-year supply.

Sat likes to drag me along when she gets glasses b/c in her opinion, I would give her the most honest opinion on what looks good (and bad) on her. We do that with dresses & outfits too.

Sat wanted to get black rimmed glasses this time (her current one is purple-ish wire), so we pulled off every single one from the wall. Ironically, the one that had the best shape was reddish. So she went w/ the 3rd best looking one w/ a simple black plastic frame (the 2nd best looking one was dark tortoise, but had these weird green decoration on the front tips).

Meanwhile, I had my eyes dilated... and I was dropping glasses here & there cuz I couldn't see the holes on the wall.

And I needed Sat to read the name on the prescription I got back from the woman working the prescription counter. Sat likes to call her the 馬のお姉さん because she has long thin features. 細いんだけど、キレイじゃないんだわ。

I got the plastic temporary sunglasses to wear while we drove home.
This is me in the car, looking very 怪しい, sipping a very berry smoothie. Which tastes like a watered down CoolAid.


Sat said I look like "Kinoko-chan" of "Dr Slump."


(Jyun Googled it for those who don't know what she looks like)

No comments: