Monday, June 23, 2008

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Somen

It's still hot!

But I went to work because there was a lot of things I needed to take care of at the office. Otherwise I would have napped all day at home until it got cooler. Prince couldn't handle the heat, so we turned on the A/C today. No wonder I got a lot of work done today.

Anyway, back to the non-cooking person's food diary.

I ate decently last week because I was an 居候 atじゅるる's. It's like living with Ichigo, but without the nagging. And Sat was happy to have the place all to herself. It's a win-win situation for both me & Sat, but maybe not for じゅるる.

Now my first day back home, and I was going to stop by Trader Joe's to buy a salad for dinner... but I stayed too late at work (damn A/C!), and couldn't make it there on time.

Hungry with no pre-made food, I decided I'll eat somen. It's just boiling noodles for 3 minutes. It's like instant ramen!

So I take out a bundle of somen.


Boil it for 3 minutes & rinse the noodles in cold water.


Then pour a little bit of本つゆ into a bowl, add 4 parts water to make the sauce. And cut a little bit of ham (although I only had deli sliced ham, but it'll do). And voila! Quick and easy dinner.


But while I was cutting the ham, the cat was on the table munching on the noodles! When I yelled at her, the cat looked up with noodles hanging out of her mouth. And ran behind the TV with couple of strands that were still in her mouth.

I guess that's what I get for feeding the cat somen earlier...

But it's fun feeding a cat that eats anything.

I didn't mess up today, but boiling noodles, diluting concentrated sauce & cutting ham isn't "cooking" either.

1 comment:

Jyun said...

夏季限定「そうめん」はじめます。

~じゅるる亭