Friday, July 11, 2008

Five Hours for the iPhone

Prince K wanted to get an iPhone, so he asked me to go with him to the Apple Store at the Beverly Center.

We get there... and there's a long line.


So I left Prince K and guest M in line, and went to buy undies at Victoria's Secret. I come back 30 mins later with Frappacino in hand, and they hardly moved! Maybe about 10 people worth.

And so the line went for the rest of the evening. By the time we got to the front of the outside line, we've been waiting for 5 hours.

Then the store manager came out with a stack of business cards.
"I'm sorry blah blah... the line inside will take another hour to hour-and-a-half blah blah... if you come tomorrow & present this card, we'll put you in the front of the line blah blah..."

Long story short, they told us that we couldn't buy an iPhone after waiting in line for 5 hours.

So Prince K and I will go back to the Beverly Center tomorrow and try again.

I have a "Pass Go" ticket, but I'm not buying an iPhone. I wonder if I could sell the ticket to someone in line for $20?

No comments: