Sunday, October 5, 2008

Okinawa Mini Festival w/ Sherwin & Erika

Since I had nothing to do this weekend, I decided to go to the Okinawa Association of America's annual bazaar & festival in Gardena.

I Evited, and Sherwin & Erika decided to go.
Dee was pooped out from driving 3+ hours yesterday (plus he wanted to work on his scripts), Sat & Dave went to church, so I went on my own.

Steph wanted to come too, and Ben had offered her a ride, but Steph needed to call up her insurance company & car rental places so they both decided not to come. BTW she's doing fine, but has bumps and bruises from her airbag.

The Okinawa festival was really small, but I went there for the rice taco and Okinawa soba, so had both. Waaay too much food. Rice taco was originally $4 each, but they lowered it to $3 by the time I bought it. Okinawa soba was $6, which is kinda expensive for the small bowl, but I figured it was donation to the organization.

I was asked to register for the bone marrow twice, and both times I told them I registered 4 years ago & I was contacted recently that I might be a match. I haven't heard back from them, so I should check to make sure I didn't have to fill out anything in the paperwork they sent me.

Sherwin registered before I got there, and they asked his age b/c they thought he was under 18. Har har!

And we just chatted for a long time. Lots of catch up to do, since we don't see everyone all the time.

I took photos, but they're in my camera's internal memory. I have to look for the USB cable to connect to the computer. Til then, no photos on ShizLife or my Flickr account.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okinawans takes great pride in their culture. you'll find fanciful folktales of old Okinawa, scrumptous recipes, learn some words and phrases in the Okinawan Ryukyu mura language, gain wisdom from Okinawan proverbs, find out about Okinawa religion, read about the performing arts, and see a chronological table of Okinawan history. In central Okinawa there is a beautiful place in Okinawa called Ryukyu Mura.

----------------
hesslei

exposure marketing