Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Tomato Bruschetta

I forgot to take photos, so I don't have any proof of my bad cooking (or non-cooking, today).

Sat wasn't home tonight, and I didn't have anything to eat at home.
But I had garlic & cheese sourdough bread from Trader Joe's. And some tomatoes Ichigo brought.

I thought, could I make a tomato bruschetta without looking at a recipe?

So I tried.

I knew the tomato needed to be diced.

I know there are green things in there. Probably basil, but I don't have any fresh herbs in my house. I knew I should have bought those frozen basil cubes from Trader Joe's. I bought a garlic one, but I didn't think I'd ever use basil. I think I'll buy the cilantro one too.

Well, it'll just have to do without basil.
I figured I could flavor it with salt & pepper.

And I dribbled on some olive oil.
Or ee-vee-oh-oh, like Rachel Ray calls them. I think the term (EVOO) is really stupid, but I'm repeating it in my head when I'm shopping. Get out of my head, Rachael Ray!

And that's all I did.

For the garlic & cheese sourdough bread, I toasted it with butter in the toaster oven. And then toasted it again to make it a little more crispy than usual. Why not put it on high? I'll do that next time.

Afterwards, I looked up bruschetta recipes. I guess you're supposed to also include garlic and vinegar. I'll do that next time too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

there is a recipe in kitchen princess.

Shizuki said...

sat >
Dude, I don't read little girls' manga anymore...