Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yard Sale Completed

Dee's mom let me have a yard sale at their house today.

So I had Dee take a lot of stuff from the office (small office supplies & small electrical appliances). And my car was filled with other junk from the office.

I headed over at 8am, so we can start setting up.

The first thing we did was make signs to post around the neighborhood.


It was fun writing the signs by hand... reminded me of high school when we used to make signs all year round using butcher paper & poster paint. Ahh, the good ol' days.

We made four signs, and posted them around the neighborhood where there's a lot of car traffic.

Dee insisted in posing w/ each poster that was posted.

Once we got back to the house, we started taking the boxes out of our cars. But as we were setting up, some people started to show up. I didn't have prices set for a lot of things yet, so I had them wait until I figured things out.

In the end, I decided to go with dirt cheap prices b/c I didn't want to lug all the stuff back home. And I guess the price point was good b/c only one person haggled with me. A middle-aged Korean guy who probably owns his own business, who wanted to buy the SRP $10 heavy-duty locks (we used them for storage) for 50 cents each instead of $1. I wouldn't go down on the price though.

I was (happily) surprised that people bought office supplies. I didn't think anyone would want staplers & scotch tape dispensers, but they bought them for a quarter each.

Sat & Dave showed up around 11am with the rest of the junk from our house. Mostly clothes & stuffed animals. Dave brought his old guitar hero game & guitar too. We argued about the price... Dave said $5, I said $20, Sat or Dee said $10. We settled for $10, though.

We cleaned up around 2pm, although we saw a few more cars pass by to see if we were still having the yard sale. We had three car-load of stuff, and was left w/ only one car-load (my tiny car). We got rid of a lot of junk!

Sat & Dennis were right about Dee's place being the best place for a yard sale. It's a nice neighborhood w/ households that would do yard sales... and there are plenty of scavengers who'll drive around looking for yard sales, knowing they'll find good stuff around there.

We'll probably have another yard sale in December. Although the first two weekends of my December is booked for me, so I'm only left w/ the 20th... that's cutting it close to Christmas. I wonder if having a yard sale on Sunday is okay too?

Anyhoo, we went to take down the signs. The one we posted on Larchmont & Beverly was already taken down... it was ripped in half too (and put in the trashcan next to the bus stop), so I'm thinking someone tore it off the tree. Maybe the business owner next to the tree? But it's Noah's Bagels...

Afterwards, we headed to the Koreantown Plaza to eat a late lunch.
Dee had spicy cold noodle


And I had a kimchee noodle flakes


Both were yummy!

So now I'm back at home, tending to my sun burnt face w/ aloe lotion.
I was staying up because Clam from HS was going to stop by to pick up a bag of anime junk, but she messaged to say she couldn't make it. So now I can go take my nap while I catch up on The Daily Show and The Colbert Report online.

No comments: