Saturday, February 28, 2009

5000 Miles a Year

During Ruuku's get together dinner, Jack said he thinks he saw my car at the parking lot. He asked if I still drove the Sidekick, and he was amazed.

Then after dinner, I had to go back to the restaurant to give Henry his car keys (he left it in a bag he gave me). And Ruuku also was surprised that I still had the same car.

Hmm.
But for three years, I lived two blocks from work & carpooled w/ Sat almost every day.

And for the next four years, I lived about 3 miles away from work so I hardly drive more than 5,000 miles a year. (Yes, I'm in the 1-5000 mile price point for my car insurance)

And if I need to drive far, I just rent a car.

My car is 14 years old & it has 75,000 miles on it.
Not bad, right?
There's no need for a new car yet.

I'll buy a new car when I win the lottery or something.
Oh yeah, I have to go pick up the free ticket I won for the scratch-off lottery ticket.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But the max for that lottery ticket is $777. Well I guess you could find a used car for that much...