Monday, July 6, 2009

Fat Fingers

I have chubby fingers.
Which is why I stopped wearing rings after college.

Of course I'm not really a believer in the institution of wedding rings. Esp engagement rings, which I think are a waste of money. Unless it's to be used as emergency funds when there's a major disaster in the world & you lose all your assets and need to exchange the ring for water or other necessities.

While we both agree on the engagement ring side, someone (I won't name names) insisted we get wedding bands. Fine, fine.

We both don't like yellow gold color, so we were thinking of going white gold. But someone (who I won't name) has sensitive skin & the sales guy said white gold has some metal that people are allergic to. So we went with the other silver colored metal. Although I think titanium would have been awesome because they're kinda dark silver. I realized I don't like that polished chrome color, but too late now.

Anyway, the rings were re-sized & I tried it on.
But my hands were puffy from being exhausted from the con... okay, they're always puffy, but they were puffier than usual! Anyway, my ring finger looked like a ham tied up with string. le sigh.

I took photos, but I decided not to subject myself to such humiliation.

If I wrap my fingers with plastic wrap, will they get thinner?

2 comments:

Erika said...

Maybe you can use one of those cooling eye pads on your finger. >.> Or stick your hands in the air for a bit to let the blood and fluids flow down. <.<

ardith said...

I have short, stubby fingers, too.

I wonder if they get thinner if you exercise your hands?

But then you'd have really slender fingers since you type so much. That doesn't make sense. UNLESS there are like finger weights that make you work out your fingers....

But that may just make them MUSCULAR.