Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Pineapple Pancakes

I saw Sasami's sis L post that she made pineapple pancakes on Facebook... So I decided to copy and make them for breakfast... er, lunch... today.

I completely rely on Bisquick for pancakes.
And biscuits.
And anything handy the Bisquick box has recipes for.

Attempt 1:
I put in whole chunks of pineapples into the batter.
Six pieces of pineapple chunks, to be exact.
Hmmm... they're too big and lumpy.

No photos.
じゅるる ate them to destroy the evidence.

Attempt 2:
じゅるる suggested I add the pineapples after I lay down the batter. Cuz the last batch didn't come out circular either... The clumps of pineapple prevented the batter from spreading evenly.

I also tried crushing the pineapples this time too. Well, just cut them up w/ a knife.




Oooh, it came out pretty!
And yummy!

I think we'll be eating pineapple pancakes every Sunday until I get sick of them.

PS. Occasionally they flipped over funny and ended up looking like omelets.
And two tiny pancakes flipped over on top of each other (cuz we make mini pancakes w/ the leftover batter). Whoops... I'm pretty good at flipping over pancakes cuz I get practice w/ okonomiyaki. じゅるる thinks I need two flippers, like okonomiyaki.

No comments: