Friday, March 5, 2010

Bento & Museum Trip

じゅるる took the day off today, so we planned to go to the Getty Museum.

I've never been to the Getty, despite all those ISA years planning field trips... including trips to the Getty (old Malibu location). So it was a good reason to go.

We made bento to eat at the Getty.
Onigiri (w/ salmon), tamago (sweet), chicken sausage, sauteed spinach & leftover mac and cheese.



At the Getty, we ate our bento... and as usual, I didn't taste the onigiri mixture before molding them into triangles... and there wasn't enough salt. I thought the salmon would be salty enough! Thank goodness other things in the bento had plenty of salt (except the tamago). I would make the tamago sweeter next time too.

We participated in two tours.
The architecture tour & the garden tour.


Unfortunately, by the time we went on the garden tour, it got really windy and chilly. And my belly never can handle chilly weather... and while we were walking through some French furniture area of the museum, I had to go to the bathroom really bad.

But the museum closes at 5:30pm... and I think I went in around 5:15pm.
So by the time I got out of the bathroom, there was a museum staff member waiting outside w/ じゅるる, ready to kick us out.

My tummy still wasn't 100%, and I had to go to the bathroom at the entrance area building too. Thank goodness the gift shop is open til 6:00pm.

I took lots of photos, but found out that my computer is too old to read SDHC cards. I'll have to go to Best Buy tomorrow to get an adapter, then I can add photos to Flickr and here.

Update 3.07.2010: I got a SDHC card reader, so I uploaded photos to my Flickr account. Unfortunately, despite the good camera, I suck at taking photos... I picked the more decent photos, but they're pretty sucky nevertheless *sigh*

No comments: