Thursday, May 29, 2008

Learning to Play the Ukulele

I don't remember how it started, but じゅるる brought back a ukulele from his parents' home & said he'll play anything I want as long as I get a music sheet for it.

I looked for つじあやの's 「猫になりたい」, but settled for the Ghibli collection.

I also ordered a beginner's book on ukulele, so he (we?) could learn the basics.


簡単だから私もできるだろう、って思ったんだけど。

指が痛い。。。
しくしく

We learned how to play the ukulele in 4th grade, but of course I don't remember any of it. Was it this painful?

とりあえず、今日覚えたこと:
C chord
F chord
and G7 chord

But I can't move my fingers from one chord to another.
And my ring finger on my left hand is starting to cramp as I type.

じゅるるにはツメを切れ、って言われるし。
Or I can't hold down the strings(?) with my finger tips.

The first song in the book is 「大きな古時計」, but I might start with the 「かえるのうた」 first.
いつになったら弾けるのやら?

こんな感じでやってます:

2 comments:

ardith said...

Learning an instrument helps keep your brain young. That's what the guy from Brain Age told me. And I believe him cuz when I say "Glasses! Glasses!" he makes me laugh.

mashu said...

Hey Shiz, I've been taking bass lessons. Ukelele looks fun too :)