Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lump Removal Surgery, Cont'd

I went to my follow-up appointment with my doctor today.

The doctor said it's a lipoma, a fatty tumor, just as she thought. She said everyone (my regular doctor, ultrasound doctor & her) weren't sure what it was because it was placed much deeper than usual. It's normally closer to the skin & mine was closer to the muscle. Maybe my layers of fat just pushed it down.

But she said she knew what it was as soon as she opened me up.
So it's not cancerous and I'm all done.

She did remove the steri-strip off my wound(?), and there was a little knot sticking out of my skin. Using a scissor-shaped tweezer and real scissors, she pulled & snipped it off. It kinda hurt. The nurse bandaged me up, though (I asked for a Bandaid because it was stinging & bleeding).

After I got home, comments from the IRC-ers:

Dave "Did they give you the lump to take home?"
Answer: No

Sasami "If it was cancer, I would have knitted a cap for when she goes bald."
That's awfully sweet of her. I was thinking of getting lots of different colored hats if I had to get chemo. I generally don't look good in hats, but I wonder if it'd be different if I were bald?

No comments: