Monday, June 16, 2008

Found Old Friends on LinkedIn, ISA version

I logged into LinkedIn because a few industry folks sent a connect request.

Since I was logged in, I thought I'd browse around. If LinkedIn is an ad revenue generating site, I'm not a good consumer since I only log in once a month. But my profile is at 90% complete, so I must have spent enough time on there.

I remembered that one of my ISA friends Peter had located me, so I decided to take a look through his connections. And I found three old friends, so sent them connect requests. And they seem to be wired people (old term?), so they got back quickly.

Here's an update on them.

Roy: He's still in Japan & working in finance now. He was wondering if Luke was still in Japan, so I guess I'll play matchmaker. Forgot to ask him if he's married, so I guess that'll be my next email topic.

Stephanie: She's in Washington DC as a consultant or other. I guess she got a master's along the way too.

Stan: He said he & Marigee have a son now! I didn't see Marigee on Peter's connection... I wonder if she's on LinkedIn?

I guess I can tell them about this blog, but I wonder if they'll be able to read regularly since they seem like busy people. Unlike my friends from the later half of my college years, who Flickr, RSS-stalk & chat during work hours.

No comments: