Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dead Finger Nail Pops Off on Week 20

I slammed my finger in a car door back on Feb 1, 2008. I wrote about it on my work blog, and I kept a photo history of my dead finger nail on Flickr, if you're interested in the history.

For those who haven't heard the story... I was about to close the car door, when it slammed shut on my thumb. I think the car is a Volvo, and non-Japanese cars have heavy doors, as I found out painfully. My finger was between the car & car door, and the door was completely closed. Not even a little bit of space for my poor finger.

So after sitting through an hour-long meeting with a throbbing finger, my finger doubled in size.

Of course Sat kicked me out of the house (she always does when I'm sick), and じゅるるsaid I was whimpering all night long.

No, I didn't go see a doctor. I figured if anything was broken, I'd be hurting more.

So fast forward 20 weeks later.
I was about to go to bed & body slammed じゅるる when I heard a「メキメキ」sound. And a bit of pain. My finger nail had bent forward from the tip end, and the base part that was attached to the new nail with dried up blood had popped off.

After yelling,「ツメがモゲた!」(trans. "nail tore off), the first thing I did was take photos for the blog.

じゅるる, who was worried initially, was probably thinking "Oh gawd..."

Here's the first photo I took immediately afterwards

Can you tell that the nail is floating up on the base end?

じゅるるwas scared the nail would fall off during the middle of the night, so I put a BandAid on it.


The nail didn't completely come off yet, but maybe it'll come off while I do housework today.

3 comments:

ardith said...

woh, it's finally happening.

that's a real long time, shiz!

Dave T said...

Another journey comes to an end. Congratulations!

mashu said...

shiz - we don't need to see this! eww!

でもやっと取れてよかったね。