Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Chicken Adobo

I had leftover chicken from last Friday (see Shiz Can't Cook: Chicken Noodle Casserole), and I was worried it was gonna go bad soon.

Sat was going to cook it using Mr. Yoshida teriyaki sauce, but sniffed it & decided that it was borderline bad. She's a type that won't go for anything on the borderline.

On the other hand, I tend to go on the borderline okay side of things.

So I decided to make chicken adobo, since it seems safer to 煮込む the chicken.

As usual, no measurements. Just by gut feeling.

Equal parts soy sauce & vinegar. Plus water to make it easier to simmer the chicken. And two cloves of garlic.


The recipe note on my fridge also said pepper & ginger, but we didn't have those lying around. What's a little flavor?

As the liquid boiled down, it started to smell very adobo-like. Drool.


Hopefully it's not too salty.
Now do I have rice to eat it tomorrow?

3 comments:

ardith said...

I don't like ginger at all in my adobo, but i never forget the garlic.

Erika said...

弱いね… I go for borderline bad, on the bad side... I haven't gotten sick yet... >.>;;

Shizuki said...

ardith >
I keep biting into the ginger & that's always a bad feeling in the mouth...

erika >
I always get diarrhea when my tummy gets cold, so I figured it's OK to get tummy ache from slightly bad food. It's a good way to flush out my system.