Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bought a Bluetooth Ear Piece, Almost Lost It

I bought a hands-free Bluetooth earpiece at Best Buy yesterday.

I was kinda needing it during the convention this weekend, and I finally had the chance to buy it when my clients went to Best Buy to buy a GPS for the rental car.

So I bought a silver Motorola one that's designed for women.


I also decided to sign up for the Best Buy rewards program, since I was buying an expensive item. Plus my clients bought $200 worth of Guitar Hero items, and another $700 worth of GPS and digital camera items. That's almost $20 worth of gift certificates. Whoo!

I charged the earpiece overnight and started using it today.

Then at the end of the day, I had the earpiece in my hand when the phone rang... I also had a lot of things in my hands because I had just left the car at the valet... and I dropped the earpiece, and it went through the BIG crack between the elevator & the elevator door.

From the 6th floor.

It was in front of my clients, so I played it off cool... but inside I was crying "I lost a $70 piece of equipment that I only used for 1 day!"

I went to the hotel front desk, and the maintenance guy was able to find it.

The staff at the Marriott in Downtown Los Angeles are wonderful!

It seems like the earpiece survived the six-story fall. It's a bit scratched, but nothing terrible.

No comments: