Friday, August 1, 2008

Gas Station Mishap

I went to fill up gas today.

It was $4.19 a gallon. Much cheaper than earlier in the week when I was returning the rental car.

Anyway, as I was driving out of the gas station I thought,
Hmm... did I go through the motion of screwing in the gas tank cap & closing the lid?

I look at the side mirror to see if the gas tank lid is open.

It's wide open.
Eep!

So I quickly turn off the engine, run out & close the lid.
The gas tank cap was still sitting on the back bumper of my car.

This is the second time I did this at this particular gas station. Last time, I drove 5-6 blocks before someone honked at me about it. By then the gas tank cap had fallen off & I had to ask Dee to buy me a new cap.

But I have an excuse!
When I got out of my car to fill up, there was an icky smell. I saw a box of cat litter that was next to the gas pump, so thought the smell could be coming from that. Although now that I think about it, the cat litter might be kept there for any gas that's spilled on the ground. Anyway, the smell was so intense, I wanted to get back into the car... I think.

Plus I had two boxes of Drumsticks ice cream bar sitting in my car & wanted to get to the office quickly.


PS. They were yummy!

2 comments:

Erika said...

That's not really an excuse... >.>;

Shizuki said...

erika >
It really smelled like diapers! I think that's as good of an excuse as any.

Dee was happy to know that I didn't lose my gas tank cap again.
"i wouldn't want to have to go and get you another gas cap" he said.

Now why doesn't he just post comments on his own? Geez.