Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Teeth Cleaning at a Boutique Dentist

I got my teeth cleaned today.

Dr N sisters' office moved couple of months ago, and this was the first time I went to their new office. The sign said "N Family Dentist & Spa." Spa?

Well, the entrance is very spa-like. With a big curvy creme-colored satin & silk covered sofa and high-back cloth covered chairs. Round rug in the center of the room. And yellow-ish mustard colored painted wall, with a big painting of women in puffy dresses drinking tea in a rose garden.

And then the surprise was when I walked into the office. There are no walls or doors!

Each dental chair is separated by tall cabinets (dark maple color), which hides the X-ray machine neatly out of view. The little sink is at the end of each tall cabinet. Oh, the dental chairs had spring green leather seats. Which matched the spring green paper pleated blinds.

There are no more spitting sinks. There's a cone-like cup attached to a suction hose & you spit into that. I guess there's less cleaning involved b/c you just replace the paper cone cup.

It kinda feels weird, because you can hear the dentists talking to their patients on the other side of the cabinets. But I'm not bothered by the buzzing sounds of the dentist's office, so that was the only thing that bothered me.

From Dr N talking to another patient, I found out that they have a third sister (youngest) who is an architect & she designed the new office for them. And her office is right next door to their office.

I told Prince about the new office & he was disturbed. He thinks people are in embarrassing situations when they're at the dentist's office... with their mouths wide open & conversation that goes フガフガ.

At least we have our clothes on.

I'm always bothered by the mirror windows with no blinds at a gynecologist's office. I know people can't see inside those mirrored windows, but damn, I sure feel naked.

2 comments:

Jyun said...

So is there really a "spa" there, or does it just look like it does?

Shizuki said...

jyun >
Maybe they have a teeth whitening spa. Although both sisters are really against whitening.

I don't know what part was the spa, really...