Friday, September 26, 2008

Arrived in SF Safely

Yama sisters arrived in the Bay Area safely.

It was a 7-1/2 hour drive. We stopped three times along the way.
In-N-Out in Valencia for lunch. McD somewhere before the cow zone for a restroom break. And COSTCO in Gilroy for gas + Walmart for food & toiletries.

We met up w/ Fawn and ate pho for dinner.
We were tempted by the tamale lady by Walmart & bought two chicken tamales. She was selling them out of her van. They were warm when we got them... but we didn't eat them right away, since we were planning to eat pho with Fawn. I bet they would have been yummy while they were warm.

We realized a lot of places outside of WLA is really hot during the day. Like Valencia. And the boondocks where McDs was. You can feel water evaporating from your arms.

Cow zone was smelly for Sat, but I was pretty okay with it. Maybe my nose is still stuffed up.

But Gilroy smelled like garlic heaven. It's like driving through an Italian restaurant. Mmmmmm.

This year feels like a mini vacation. Apparently I forgot to tell Prince that I was heading up, so it's like an unauthorized day off. But Dennis & Nidia knew... hmm. Oh well.

PS. Crown Plaza Hotel doesn't have Food Network or Animal Planet or TLC. Boo!
I guess I'll watch Discovery Channel and maybe a little bit of CNN for Anderson Cooper. His gray hair is hawt (I quote Dave).

No comments: