Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My A/C Broke

I was driving down to Torrance, when my A/C died.

It wasn't hot anymore, so I didn't notice at first... but there was no noise coming out of the vents. I clicked the A/C lever back and forth, but nothing.

I think it died.

Argh... is my car telling me it wants to retire? I wasn't planning on buying a new car for another year or so.

This is the second time my A/C died in the middle of summer. The first time was when I was driving up north on the I-5 with Erikku and Jimmy or Daisuke from the cycling team for a cycling race. You know how hot it gets on the I-5 in the middle of the day? Yeah, we drove through that section that smells like cow poop without the A/C. We almost died on the way up.

We decided to drive back down late at night, so we wouldn't die from the heat.
That time, the coolant evaporated because the mechanic who worked on installing the A/C forgot to put the cap back on. If any of us died during that drive, could he have been arrested for gross negligence?

But I don't think coolant's the issue this time.

Maybe the wires short circuited.
I could only hope.

No comments: