Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Glasses

I broke my glasses last Friday, so I went to COSTCO to order a new pair.

I wear my glasses while I sleep, so I like to get titanium frames since they can be bent back into place multiple times without the metal breaking. But I couldn't find really good titanium glasses.

So I settled w/ a Guess frame with bendy arms.
But when I was ready to place my order, the COSTCO rep said the glasses are too small.

I didn't know glasses have sizes, but the number at the end of the SKU number is the width of the glasses.

Like this one is 46.
Too small for your fat head, he said.

I explained that I have bad eyes & need smaller lenses so they're not so heavy. And bulky along the edges.

But I relented and picked a pair that's a little bit wider.

This is the one I ordered.

The glasses are a wee bit bigger than those I've had before... hopefully the far edge (outer edge) isn't too thick. Or it'll make my face look curved through the glasses... and I don't like that. Bleah.

1 comment: