Saturday, November 1, 2008

After Halloween Sale at Toys R Us

I went to Toys R Us today.

Because I wanted to get more of the Frankenstein reusable bags.


And also the black skeleton reusable bag that I saw a kid using at Dee's Halloween party yesterday. And the orange Jack-o-Lantern reusable bag I saw with the Frankenstein bag.

I went to the Toys R Us on Jefferson. They were under construction because they're adding a Babies R Us section. I guess they're doing that to all the Toys R Us. Probably because Babies R Us is more profit generating than the toy business.

The Jefferson Toys R Us didn't have the reusable bags!
They had plenty of other Halloween things, but I didn't need those. Although I considered getting the Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse window clings. The woman working at the store said she bought the 12-pack mini puzzles and passed those out, and she said they were really popular. Cute puzzles with cats & Jack-o-Lanterns.

But I decided not to get the clings nor puzzles & headed out to the Toys R Us on La Cienega. They had the bags! But only the Frankenstein one & the skeleton one. No Jack-o-Lantern. Oh well.

I bought two of each bag.
They'll be used for all my shopping needs now. I'm going to get rid of the blue Trader Joe's bag w/ the surf boards. They're too big & you can't carry a lot in them when you keep buying canned food. They're ideal for things like cereal & potato chips, though.


PS. I also went to Albertsons on the way home. They were also remodeling, and had a lot of things on clearance. Like Pert Plus. Each bottle was $1.50, so I bought all four there.

PPS. We had teppanyaki again today for dinner. Dave joined us today. But we didn't get to the tongue. Got full eating tripe & flavored pork (pulgogi?). So we'll eat tongue tomorrow morning, Sat said.

No comments: