Friday, November 28, 2008

Watched Sleeping Beauty on Bluray

Sat & I were bored today so we watched the bonus disc of Sleeping Beauty.
Note that we haven't watched the main disc yet at this time.

The bonus features included a lot of making-of footage, which makes you want to see the movie.

So after spending 2 hours going through every aspect of the bonus disc, we decided to pop in the main disc.

I don't remember the last time I saw Sleeping Beauty. Sat said she saw it when she was in the 4th grade. Either way, it's been like 20 years?

The movie is gorgeous, by the way.
Although I'm bothered that I keep noticing that the colors of the birds change. From yellow to green. And yellow to orange. I'm not bothered that the colors changed, but I'm bothered that I notice these changes. What am I, an animation otaku!?

And I was checking out how much movement there is... like I said... am I an animation otaku?

No no no.
I'd like to think it's just a side effect from my job.

Oh, starting w/ Sleeping Beauty, Disney Bluray discs have a feature called Disney BD Live. I guess it connects you to their online network & you can chat with friends as you watch the same movie. So if any of you signed up for the Disney BD Live, email me your handle. Ours is our cat name, of course.

There isn't much on the Disney BD Live yet. They give you new avatars when you go into the network through your Bluray player. So our current avatar is the dragon from Sleeping Beauty. I'm not sure how the Disney Movie Rewards points work... but if Ards isn't going to sign up, maybe we'll use her Enchanted points. Heh heh.

I guess I should open my copy of Ratatouille soon.
I don't think that one is a 2 disc set though.

2 comments:

ardith said...

hey!!! i'll sign up! with my wall-e and my own ps3. It's arriving on the 3rd, so I'll try it then.

Treasures By Brenda said...

Ratatouille on blu-ray sounds fantastic. I have talked about it and linked to fantastic reviews at Disney Blu-ray Movies ~~ Magic For You and Your Children. I enjoyed hearing about Sleeping Beauty. I am almost certain it may have been the first Disney movie I ever saw...

Brenda