Monday, December 1, 2008

Going Free

I secured a freelance gig today.
It's only for 6 months, but it's a start.

I was hoping to get another gig doing the same stuff I've been doing for work, but that's probably not going to be happening.

I also realized that I'd have to send out my own Christmas cards this year b/c we won't be sending any out from work. Plus I need to let everyone know that I'll be going free (or planning to).

To save a bit of money, I'll send out the cards going to Japan w/ Sat. Although I have more places to send to, so it's not really saving... but at 94 cents a piece, we should be saving plenty as a whole.

I still have to worry about health insurance, although I'll be covered until January. Whew, that'll give me time to sign up for individual health insurance as well as go to my annual check ups.

I might still look for a full-time job, but I'm not really motivated to do the search myself. So I'm thinking of signing up at various staffing agencies & make them look for work for me. I might just do temp work during slow months, since it happens to be the same months accounting departments all over are scrambling.

We'll see how things go.
Everyone is welcome to treat me out while I stay unemployed.

No comments: