Saturday, December 13, 2008

Vu to the Rescue

Vu came by b/c Sat was expecting her new laptop to arrive. And she always has him set up new computers w/ drivers and anti-viruses and all that fancy stuff.

Anyway, we were expecting the FedEx delivery guy to come around 2pm & thought Vu would come around then... but he was probably bored at home & showed up at noon. Well, at least we could eat lunch together.

Dave wanted to join us for lunch too... but we thought we shouldn't leave the house if the FedEx guy was coming, so Sat & Dave went to Hop Woo for some Chinese. We got some spicy scallop combo meal, kung pao chicken combo meal, house special pan fried noodles, and Chinese broccoli. Real Chinese broccoli, not Panda's version of Chinese broccoli.

While we waited for the FedEx guy, Vu yanked out my virus infected hard drive (old old desktop that Erikku made back in 2002) because I had lots of old Koge photos I wanted to retrieve. He spent hours un-virusing the hard drive, and I finally got all the files I wanted. Koge, age 4 months old photos are up on my Flickr account now.


Look how white she was!

Meanwhile, Dave was busy cleaning out one of our bookshelves... because Sat just got her new ergonomic desk & needed to rearrange the living room. She COULD work in her own bedroom... but she wants to be able to watch TV while she works. And play w/ Koge.

I don't have a desk set up in the living room... so I'll continue to work off of the TV tray. But I've been looking at those hospital table-like laptop desks, so I can sit on the chaise, type on my laptop and watch TV. It's $70 at Bed Bath & Beyond... た、高い!

Anyhoo, every hour that passed by... we gave up on the FedEx guy coming. But he showed up around 7:00pm! So Vu was multi-tasking by fixing my virus infected hard drive & setting up Sat's new laptop.

And now that the FedEx guy came, we could finally go out to eat. After debating over what to eat, we ended up at Denny's. Sat had her usual waffles, and she demanded to have powdered sugar & whipped cream. Picky. I had a Grand Slam w/ pancakes, oatmeal, hash browns and eggs over-eay. Vu had sirloin steak, and Dave had the Slamwich.. which was huge and oily and unhealthy. But it looked delicious.

We came home, cleaned some more, had Vu change settings on the TV to make it brighter... and decided that we should buy a new TV. The old TV will just have to go to the boys' place. Hm, I was hoping the TV would last 3 - 5 years...

We have lots of cleaning to do still.
And another big pile of books to take to Book Off.

2 comments:

Dave T said...

It was more than a slamwich, it was a Grand Slamwich! Puke...

ardith said...

Moons over my hammy!

I actually want to see this ergonmic desk. Pictures?