Friday, January 2, 2009

Busy Errand Day

My friend Nori-chan asked me to send some things to her client, so I decided to make today an errand running day.

I set up a WaMu account a while back, but I haven't activated my ATM card yet. Plus I had a lot of checks to deposit, so I thought I'll finally try depositing money by using an ATM. Yes, I'm from the Middle Ages where there weren't fees to go to a teller to deposit money.

Result?
I was able to deposit money! Horray!

The WaMu branch in downtown Culver City has 4 ATMs, but only two of them accept deposits. I didn't know that, and I just went to the first ATM that opened up. Thank goodness it was a deposit accepting ATM. But the guy next to me was checking the PIN w/ his wife over the phone & I was going really slow... so there was a woman behind us waiting patiently for good 5 minutes. I promise I'll be faster next time!

Then I headed over to the office to pick up boxes, shipping labels & whatnot.

And went over to the post office to mail out some envelopes for work B. There was a huge line by the windows, so I decided to try the automated machine they have. We never had to use these b/c all of our packages were metered... but we didn't have internet access for the last couple of days, so I had to get all the envelopes weighed.

So I held up the line again, sending out 20 packages.
Though I'm such a chicken, I hate forcing people to line up behind me. This was the third time in a week, after the recycling center, WaMu ATM and now the post office machine. I hope they make more automated machines so people don't have to wait.

And then I headed over to Target to buy cat litter & hopefully find some cat costumes for Koge. They were sold out of the reindeer costume, but I found a penguin one & an elf one. They were a little too big, but she looked mighty cute in the elf costume. We'll have to take a picture for next year's Christmas card.

Oh, there was a huge line at Target too.
I got in line a bit early, but by the time I got to the cashier, the line was really really long. I must have some line-making spirit on me. Shoo!

No comments: