Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shiz Can't Cook Series: No Bake Cheesecake

I went to Target to pick up some cupcake paper cups.
It's for the no bake cheesecake that I'm planning to take to Ards' b-day party tomorrow. Individual ones are nicer for parties, right?

They had Valentine's Day cupcake paper cups, so I got a pack of those.

So time to read the instructions on the box...

First, make the crust.
Add butter & sugar.
No problem there.

Next, make the mixture.
Add milk & use a hand-held mixer.
Hmmmm... I don't have a hand-held mixer.

So I tried mixing by hand at first... but there were still clumps in the mix. Then I thought about mixing the stuff in the Magic Bullet. And it came out really smooth! Yay, another use for the Magic Bullet!

Flattening the crust into the paper cups was no problem. I just used a back of a spoon & it flattened out okay. Although I had a lot of crust leftover. I put them in a Ziplock baggie & put it in the freezer. Maybe I'll make my own cheesecake mixture out of cream cheese & stuff next time (need to look it up, though).

Now for the cheesecake mixture. It's awfully clumpy, so I don't know how it'll flatten in the paper cups. Maybe it'll settle after a while...


Um... no, it didn't.

Oh well.
They're still edible, though.

Maybe it would have helped if they were inside a cupcake mold, so it wouldn't spread out like that. Maybe next time...

No comments: