Monday, September 21, 2009

Japan Day 2

Woke up early in the morning to catch the shinkansen to Nasu.
じゅるる's sempai met up w/ us at Ikebukuro, so we won't get lost getting there.

I was hoping we'd get to eat eki bento on the shinkansen, but nothing seemed to entice my tummy. So we had bread instead.

Japanese bread so good!

So we get to Nasu.
We had another sempai pick us up from the train station & drove through the countryside to a private camp site. That's where they have their annual band camp *snicker* ...er, retreat.

I met a lot of people, but at this point I don't know most of their names. But there are a lot of kids running about.

I decided to take a walk... and ended up walking for an hour.
They have signs for all these amusement(?) parks.


I wanna go to the monkey park.

That night, they made pasta. But I had already eaten the curry they made for the kids, so I didn't eat any.

So far about 30 adults and 10 kids.
There will be about 50 people by the end of the retreat.

No comments: