Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Japan Day 3

Today is the day of the うたげ (=performance).
Everyone is still practicing. I participated in the Thriller dance... -__-

For lunch, we had 流しそうめん (nagashi somen).


It's where you wash somen noodles down a bamboo slide w/ water, and people line up next to the slide & scoop up the somen. It was fun.

The afternoon was filled w/ more practice.
Then they started prepping for dinner (shumai & pork ginger), and the performances started. Most of them are around 40 years old, but some of the older kids are now participating... so now it's a two-generation band camp.

Plus they had some older people participate (those in their 60s), so the age range for the band camp went from 2 to 60.

The performances ended around 11pm, and we retired around 2am.

My Thriller performance?
Eh, I realized why I usually like to work backstage... Plus I have no sense of rhythm. I suck at Rhythm Heaven!

No comments: