Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Broke Foot

I was sitting on the floor typing away at my computer (playing Restaurant City on Facebook...), and I got up to clean up the kitchen table for our late lunch.

But my left leg was numb from sitting on the ground... and I lost my balance... and landed on my left foot curled inward.

I heard a snap (crack?).
And I was rolling on the floor in pain for couple of minutes.

I thought it was just a bad sprain... but I couldn't get up on my feet.
So I iced my ankle for a bit. Then moved my foot to see how it looked, and it was swollen. Like I have tennis balls for my ankle.


It was a bit of luck that じゅるる had an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon today (his elbow's been hurting), so we thought he could take a look at it & tape it up for me.

It took 5 minutes for me to stand up.
And another 15 minutes to get to the car (inching my way up & down the stairs on my butt).

They took an x-ray... which I thought was excessive for a sprained ankle. Then they rolled me into an exam room, じゅるる walked in & said "I saw the white line on the x-ray." "Huh?" "Oh, you didn't see it? The doc said it's the cleanest way to break the bone."

It's broken!?


So the doctor put a cast on my foot.
I'll recover in 6 weeks.

I have to go back in 3 weeks for another x-ray and to re-cast.

1 comment:

Dave T said...

Poor Shizuki... get well soon. If Jyun is having computer related pain with his elbow he might want to check out the It's Not Carpal Tunnel book. It might help if his pain is recurring even after surgery.