Monday, December 28, 2009

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Pear Tart, part 2

Since I had 1/2 pint of heavy cream left over from my last attempt at the pear tart, I decided to make another one.

This time using peaches too.

So I bought another crust... and noticed there were crumbs on the bottom, so I tried to brush them off.

One thing you're not supposed to do w/ crusts... Flip them over on it's side.
Cuz half the crust fell into the sink!
Eeeeep!

Sobbing, I picked up the pieces and tried to recreate the crust.


Well... the custard will hold the broken crust pieces together, right?

I poured the custard liquid into the crust.
Then added 1/3 pear, 1/3 peach and 1/3 pineapple. Not mixed all together, but in sections.

Baked for 50 mins, and voila!


Eh, you can't tell the crust is broken... it just looks like a crummy crust, that's all.

No comments: