Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baking Party Surprise

We had a mini baking party at our apartment today.
It all stemmed from me seeing holiday cookies that were decorated... and wanting someone to throw a cookie baking party, so I can decorate cookies w/ colorful frosting.

Well, it didn't end up like that... since we made things that didn't require any decorating. We made oatmeal & chocolate chip (lace) cookies (by Ards), lemon bars (by Steph, Sasami & Ards), rice krispy treats w/ chocolate (by Dee), Russian tea cakes (by Dee & Shiz) and brownies (by Sasami).

I thought it was a simple baking party among the girls, but they had planned a surprise preggie shower. So when I went to pick up walnuts & pecans at Trader Joe's w/ Sat... they had all assembled & surprised me when I got back home.

じゅるる was in on it too.
They're all trickies!
Or I'm just not a suspecting type?

じゅるる was a bit worried cuz I don't like surprises (or surprise parties)... and I didn't want to have a preggie shower cuz I'm not really into that stuff. But I really enjoyed today's party & surprise.

Thank you, girls (+ two boys).

PS. Photos coming to Sat's Flickr soon.

1 comment:

MidnightHunnyRun said...

I like how it it was a simple baking party among the girls including Jyun and me. Today's word verification is "unonde." That doesn't even sound like English.