Saturday, July 10, 2010

35th B-day

The day started w/ many FB greetings.

And apparently Skype also says, "Shiz just turned 35!"
Gee, thanks Skype.

Sat arranged for my b-day festivities, so we had a very full day.

1pm lunch at HK Deli.
Cuz we like eating there.
I think about 15 people showed up, and we took over 1/3 of the small restaurant. And stayed there for a long time too. But the folks are always nice. We love them.

4pm obon fest at Nishi H temple.
That was what everyone voted for. But the dancing doesn't start til 6:30pm or something, so we left before the main event. Maybe next year.

Oh, we bumped into Mrs F-moto and S-ie at the obon fest.
I got to show them Popo too.

7pm karaoke, Scattergories & peach cobbler at our apt.
Dee offered to make peach cobbler (Paula Dean's recipe), so while he was slaving away, everyone else sang or played games.

The peach cobbler was yum.
I do apologize for not having enough bowls ready... Den ate out of a margarine container. We have real adult bowls, really!!

And じゅるる gave me my b-day present he's been hiding for several weeks... a bread machine!

Of course Sat was against him getting it, cuz she claims that I have a gazillion kitchen gadgets that I don't use.

We'll see how many uses we'll get out of the bread machine. It makes pizza dough though... I think we could use it for that, at least. Altho we were perfectly fine w/ Philsbury pizza dough... so would we care enough to use the bread machine?

1 comment:

Erika said...

You can be healthier with your own pizza dough because you won't be adding any weird ingredients like pre-packaged dough would. It's a good reason to why you would need a new bread maker. :D