Saturday, July 31, 2010

Paper Anniversary

Today is our first anniversary.

I hadn't thought much of it, but I guess it was in じゅるる's mind... and we had made a date of going to see a movie + dinner, minus Popo.

So that part was all planned out... but じゅるる warned me on Thursday that he had a card & a "something" for me for our anniversary.

See, he has to warn me... or I won't prepare anything.
Am I not an anniversary type of gal or something?

Anyhoo, he gave me enough hints. Or I guessed. Or something. But I understood it was something along the lines of Skittles (which he gave me for Valentine's Day).

So I went out and got a card + a little something the next day.
I would have picked a more humorous card, but they didn't have anything that hit me. Or all the funny ones were from a third party to the anniversary couple. What? Couples can't give funny cards on anniversaries?

And my little something was a bag of Poppycock.
And Mr Goodbar.
A big sized one, at that.

So today.
We went to see a movie (Inception), while Dee came to critter-sit Popo. And we ate at the food court (Lawry's Carvery). Not much of a first anniversary date, but we're a no frills kinda couple anyway.

After we came home, じゅるる told me to open the glove compartment.
Inside was a card & a ring pop.
Gah! He got me!

See, I asked for a ring pop as a promise(?) ring before we got married. Or did I give it to him? Yeah, I think it was the latter... but he paid for it himself (I didn't have cash that day).

I lost this year, but next year I'll get a super cool cheapy accessory to beat him.

1 comment:

ardith said...

happy anniversary, you two! <3<3<3