Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thew Out Back

So a day before SDCC, I threw out my back.

I wasn't carrying anything heavy... I was just bending down to get some undies from a drawer, when there was a sharp yet dull pain on my back.

I never experienced this before, but I kinda figured it was gikkuri-goshi. (Hm, sounds so strange to say "throw out my back" as a noun. How does that work?)

Immediately after the pain, I laid down on the bed.
I was able to get down to the first floor on my own... and Skyped to Sat & Ichigo that I threw out my back.

Ichigo came over to help me do laundry.
Then she delivered Popo to Sat, who took care of her the rest of the afternoon.

Meanwhile, I took a nap to escape from the pain... while heating my back w/ a heating pad.

I felt better the next day, only to stand up quickly from the couch & hurt my back again. I didn't know if I was gonna be OK enough to go to San Diego, but I recovered enough by noon to sit in the car. Sat drove the whole day down. Of course I skipped out going to the con center, and just hung out in the hotel vicinity.

First time in years that I'm going to SDCC & not working.
Actually, I've never gone to SDCC on my own... it was always for work. Heh.

No comments: