Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cleaning Day

じゅるる and Popo were supposed to go to OC today, but じゅるる's hand still hurt so he couldn't drive. Darn, I was planning on getting some work done.

So instead, I spent the day cleaning the house.
I can't do a lot of cleaning unless they're both out of the house or they hang out together at home.

A self-congratulatory list:
1. Swept the dining, kitchen & front entrance.
I'd also like to wash the kitchen, entrance & bathroom rugs, but shaking them outside will have to do for now. Maybe next week.

2. Vacuumed up the sweepings.

3. Mopped the kitchen & dining room floor.
Popo drops a ton of food on the floor, so I try to mop every week... but it's more like every 2-3 weeks. Sigh.

4. Wiped kitchen cabinet doors & fridge door.

5. Cleaned 1st floor bathroom sink.
This isn't that big of a deal since I do it regularly.

6. Vacuumed the staircase.
Cuz I feel like we haven't done it since we moved in. Which would make it 18 months. It wouldn't have bothered me too much, but Popo's been climbing up the stairs lately & she picks up a lot of dust on her clothes. So time to vacuum!!

7. Cleaned the shower door in 2nd floor bathroom.
There was a lot of hard water stains on the door & you couldn't see through. I tried lots of different cleaning things in the past, but it really has to be the lime remover.

8. Cleaned 2nd floor bathroom floor.
Esp near the back of the toilet. I just didn't feel like reaching down there before. If I used this bathroom more, I might... Sometimes I think this bathroom stinks.

9. Cleaned the 2nd floor bathroom sink.
Just to finish up the cleaning.

10. Cleaned the master bedroom window.
I was shocked to see all the mold! So I spent a good hour scrubbing down the window.

11. Did じゅるる's laundry.
I usually don't do this, but since he can't use his right hand... I'm glad no one was using the washer/dryer went, so I got both loads done at once. Otherwise, I would have been pissed off that the laundry request didn't come on a weekday.

Oh, I also vacuumed the living room & bedroom too.

I think I'll take the rest of the day off.

No comments: