Thursday, January 20, 2011

じゅるる Hand Surgery

じゅるる had an out-patient surgery on his right hand today.

He's been having a lot of pain in his forearm, esp when he's carrying heavy things (ie. Popo) or twisting his hand (ie. opening a jar).

I heard it was tendonitis.

Then, someone at a parent group told me she has "mommy's thumb" and the description sounded just like じゅるる's pain. So he'll have surgery to fix his "mommy's thumb."

Anyhoo, the surgery was real short. Most of the time was spent waiting, he said.

And he came out w/ a cast-like thing around his hand & forearm.
It's a lot bigger than the "bandage" he was expecting.

He can't get it wet until it gets removed next Tues.
Which means I'll have to bathe Popo for the next 6 days. And I can't push it onto Ichigo, cuz she's out w/ a cold. Hafu.

PS. じゅるる has an arrow & "YES" printed on his forearm. It's to indicate which arm to operate on. I had that on my belly before *laugh*

No comments: