Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Tofu Salad

Hey, I can make a decent tofu salad.

But this is what happens when you're kinda tired to actually cook... and feeling a bit silly from the lack of sleep.


Heart of Romaine greens w/ a BLOCK of tofu on top. It's circular because I like using the soft Korean tofu for tofu salad. They crumble easy & act like dressing.

Drizzled w/ Kraft's Asian Sesame salad dressing.

Normally I wouldn't trust a non-Asian company's sesame dressing, but this one is pretty good! And much cheaper than the Japanese ones!

Oh, I thought it'd be funny to leave the tofu the way it came out of the container. I was giggling as I served it. じゅるる kinda gave a "I'm not impressed" look, but cracked a smile later. Cuz smiles are what's important in family life.

And here's the rest of the recovering-from-sickness-and-can't-cook dinner:

Beef skewers from Trader Joe's.
I think they're like $2.99 for the container. Has 12 mini skewers.

We bought these as back-up for the potluck where I took chicken & beef satay. Just in case I mess up. I would take these.

It was pretty good!
Maybe I shouldn't bother slaving over homemade satays anymore. At least until Popo is old enough to help skewer.

No comments: