Saturday, June 7, 2008

Amandine Bakery in WLA

I went to Amandine bakery in WLA (Wilshire & Bundy) to buy some croissants that Kaname's been raving about.

Amandine Bakery
I think he said it was a Japanese owned bakery, but isn't a Japanese-ish bakery (like Pasco) and more like a European bakery.

I bought three kinds of croissants.

1. plain croissant ($1.50)
It's flake-y on the outside & very buttery in the inside. And the bottom side is crunchy! Kaname suggested eating it as a ham sandwich, and it was yummy.

2. almond croissant ($2.25)
This one has a thin layer of creamy paste folded inside. And a メロンパン-like sugar crust w/ almonds on top. This is a sweet, breakfast danish-like bread.

3. mini croissant ($0.99)
Kaname mentioned this as being sweeter than the plain croissant, and it is! It seems like they add sugar or syrup into the pastry dough.

A young Japanese man helped me with my big, complicated order. I wonder if he's the owner-chef? (baker?) I wish they had smaller boxes for taking pastries home, though. He put 6 croissants into a big cake box (!)

They had other fruit tarts & danishes, so I'll try them next time.
And buy the croissants too.

No comments: