Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Prepped Food

This was my dinner tonight:


Looks pretty good, right?
Like I spent some time making it.

Bzzzt!
All of this came pre-made.
Because I can't cook.

The fish (hokke) was part of the employee food at Noshi. Ichigo brings it over because a lot of the waitresses don't want to eat the same ol' employee food every week. The hokke is a bit oily, and a bit too "jerky" (= tough & hard), but I like it.

The rice is from Noshi too. We get balls of rice wrapped in plastic wrap every so often. So they're usually frozen & we nuke it for five minutes.

The seaweed salad was bought at a Korean market. This one is really good.

The black beans were also bought at a Korean market. I was expecting soft sweet black beans like the Japanese New Year's food, but this one was tough. Like the beans weren't cooked fully. And a bit salty. It is sweet, though. I'll find a different side dish from the Korean market this Friday.


PS. I haven't called up COSTCO yet. I'm still wearing my single-armed glasses. I dug up the broken arm & taped it to the stump, so it's a little easier to wear. I'll have to re-tape every day, though. Boo!

PPS. I was almost hit by a Blue Bus driving along National today. I didn't want to get hit, so I got in the center lane... I wrote down the bus number, so I should call and complain. Too bad it's not like Japan & they don't send a rep over with a box of snacks. Hmph!

PPPS. I might be coming down w/ a cold. I went to sleep w/ the windows open, b/c I didn't realize Sat had them open. It's been cold & I didn't think she'd put herself in a position to get sick. But I woke up shivering around 5am, and I was a bit warm this afternoon. Or is it a negative effect from drinking Theraflu at night so I can go to sleep? Time to call up Duc?

No comments: