Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Spanish Rice & Cod Fillet

Well, I got a lot of help from Rice-a-Roni and fisherman Gorton's.

Spanish rice from Rice-a-Roni said to add a can of tomato.
Or 2 cups of diced fresh tomatoes.
Or a jar of salsa.

So I added some of the leftover salsa Sat had in the fridge. But it was too spicy!


See the label? It says "HOT" and it's really really hot.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to eat it as is, so I decided to dump in ketchup. Ketchup is tomato flavored. And it's sweet, so maybe it'll tone down the spiciness?

I looked in the fridge.
No ketchup!
Of course not... neither of us likes ketchup, so we don't keep them around.

But I did find couple packets of Heinz ketchup. I wasn't sure how old they were, so I opened a packet & licked it a little bit. Kinda dark red, but seems okay. So I dumped three packets of ketchup in the Spanish rice.

I think it made the rice milder.

After the rice was ready, I checked on the frozen fish grilling in the toaster oven.

I realized that I had no veggies, so I decided to sautee some green beans.

The final 20-minute (instant) dinner came out like this:


Actually looks decent, huh?
Can't tell that the rice came out of a box. The fish came out of a frozen box. And the green beans came in a frozen bag.

PS. I just had a bloody nose. I was picking my nose b/c it's been so dry & itchy... I guess my nose was all dried up too & was ready to bleed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your dinner looked very nice, and the presentation was well done. It kinda reminds me of the dinner I made yesterday.

Dave T said...

Hahaha I saw the picture on flickr and thought "That looks really nice!" But it was all instant stuff!

Shizuki said...

dee >
Yes. And it took you 2 hours to make yours & took me 20 mins to make mine. Who wins? Me! Ahahaha!

dave >
See, I work in the entertainment industry... so I'm good at making illusions. Nothing is real on TV. Everyone on reality TV are actors!