Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vaio Dying!?

After leaving ORG, I stopped by the condo to pick up checks (hmm, mortgage check missing?) and few things. I realized later that I should have picked up some salonpas because my shoulder/neck has been aching for the whole day. And salt & pepper, b/cじゅるる doesn't have any in Burbank. How am I supposed to make dinner w/ them?

I thought I'll do a little work before I headed out to Burbank... when my laptop started to make a loud whirring sound.

Eep!

It's either the HD or fan.
The laptop is tiny & lightweight, so whatever is whirring is making the whole machine vibrate like crazy.

It's Vu time!
His diagnosis?
"Send it in. The warranty should still be good."

Lazy IT man...

Anyway, I decided to back up all my files.
Last time I backed up? May 2008.
Gah!

And I just read Sasami's blog too... she's having computer problems & is backing up her stuff. I don't take photos in high-res, so my backup files are much smaller... I'm not backing up the 6GB of emails on the BRO account, though.

As I was wrapping up my backup... the computer goes quiet.
Oh my gosh, did it die!?
No, it seems like it's back to normal.

What was my HD trying to do?
Maybe it was just trying to remind me to back up.
*sigh*

I hope this Vaio survives another 8 months or so.
I can't afford a new computer until later this year.

PS. Dinner tonight.


Frozen ravioli courtesy of Bertolli frozen pasta bags. You have to bake them for 40 minutes (according to the bag), but I think 30 mins is actually OK. You have to bake it another 5-10 mins after you sprinkle on the cheese & crumb toppings. There wasn't enough cheese, so I poured on some more parmesean.

Plus frozen creamed spinach courtesy of Green Giant. I love those microwaveable pouches! But these creamed spinach cools too quickly... it's like you have to plate them, then reheat the whole thing in the microwave *sigh*

PPS. Happy Girls' Day!
And happy birthday Erikku!
(just an obligatory phrase that follows anytime I mention Girls' Day)

No comments: