Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oven Progress: Hospital Day 1

Pretend live-blog.

10:45am
Checked into hospital.
We were supposed to go in at 10:00am, but we were kinda running late. Had to pick up breakfast at McD's. Egg McMuffin good♪

11:30am
After answering paperwork related questions & stuff, medicine C in.
I'm not allowed to pee for 2 hours. Hrm...

11:45am
Sat showed up w/ Arby's for じゅるる.
She took pictures too.

And brought me manga. How sweet.
Okay, not really sweet b/c she wouldn't let me take it home last night to read, since she wanted to read it first.

We started watching Julie & Julia.

1:00pm
Sat leaves.

1:30pm
Lunchtime♪
Chicken w/ tomato sauce + rice, salad, bread, apple.

Oh, finally got to pee.

2:00pm
Medicine C is working.
Pain level is around 3.
I still have 10 hours before the real pain starts.

I get a call asking about the menu for dinner, breakfast & lunch.
They have several options. How nice.
Too bad I can't eat anything after midnight.
じゅるる will just have to enjoy the breakfast & lunch for me.

4:15pm
My doc came by to visit.
Next time I'll see her is tomorrow morning.

6:00pm
Dinnertime♪
Turkey & rice soup; turkey & cheese sandwich; lemon bars.
I had the soup & half the sandwich & half the lemon bar.

Pain level going up to 4-5 range.
Watching the news.

7:50pm
Was told pain doc was dealing w/ two c-sections, so our epidural should be planned for about midnight. Looking forward to 4 hours later.

11:30pm
Took out medicine C.
12 hours of medicine, 10 hours of early labor, absolutely no change in the exit.

Pain level around 6-7 when it's bad.
We were told not to get an epidural yet, so I have to endure this a little bit longer w/ medicine P. Torture? Yeah-huh.

Looks like we're not sleeping tonight.

3 comments:

MidnightHunnyRun said...

They can't feed you after midnight? It's like you're a mogwai.

The word verification was "nested." Somewhat appropriate given your current condition.

Unknown said...

i hope jyun took pictures of the food!

ardith said...

But it's always after midnight, Dee! When does it end? When the sun comes up? Mysterious asian guy didn't explain enough.