Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oven Progress: Hospital Day 2

Semi live-blog.
Altho I probably can't type anymore soon...

12:00am
We were told doc prefers another dose of medicine C b/c no progress yet. Waiting for medicine to be delivered from pharmacy.

12:30am
Now I have too much contractions for medicine C.
Back to medicine P, which is more controllable.
But told to hold off on epidural until further along.

4:00am
Was in lots of pain w/ no sleep.
Nurses convinced me to get epidural, even tho I still hadn't progressed.

4:45am
Got epidural.
Miracle drug, I tell ya.
No more pain.
Can finally get some rest.

6:00am
A bit of pain in back.
Hallucinating hamburgers... weird.

7:45am
Doc shows up for check up.
Still only 1cm!!
Broke water, made a lake.

8:45am
Still making puddles.
Ichigo calls for update.
She said she'll come by w/ food for じゅるる.
I'm not allowed to eat anymore, but really hungry.

10:00am
A bunch of nurses rush in, trying different things to check Popo's heart rate. They give じゅるる some scrubs to wear over his clothes. We guess c-section, but not sure yet.

10:30am
Taken to OR.
At 3cm and Popo's heart rate getting low w/ more contractions, they think c-section is best. I'm shivering in the OR...

10:54am
Popo taken out.
Looks like an alien.
Cries like one too.

Updated
Oh, Popo did have a cord around her neck.
Three times!
No wonder she wasn't coming down...


11:30am
I'm patched up, taken to recovery room.
I crash.

Popo & じゅるる head to the nursery for Popo to be cleaned up.
Sat & Ichigo arrive around this time.

1:30pm
My blood pressure is too high, so they keep me on monitor for another hour.
Tried out suckling.
This is the first time I hold Popo in my arms.
Wiggles around like an inch worm. Gotta get used to this.

5:30pm
Finally released from L&D area, taken to PP area.

During the ride over to the new room, I get sick & burp. Then puke out water. That was a complete surprise. I wasn't even feeling nauseated.

7:00pm
After an hour long nap, 2nd attempt at suckling.
Popo's already been sucking her thumb since she was in the nursery, so the nurse said she'll do fine suckling. And sure enough, she latches on good.

Can't get on Skype, so check here for updates.
Oh, we definitely can't get on IRC either.

11:00pm
Third and final attempt at suckling for the day.
じゅるる got to change diapers for the first time too. We're still not sure how to clean up all the smeary poo. Popo isn't liking it. Hehe...

I don't get to eat anything for today.
Just ice. But moderately.

Tomorrow, I get to have liquid food. Like Jell-O.
But before all that, I need to pass gas.
I was so gassy all these months... but now I no longer need to fart. Hmmm... I hope I get to eat Jell-O tomorrow.

7 comments:

ardith said...

Aw! Sorry they won't let you eat. Hamburgers are the best hallucinations! Unless they were dancing and singing.

Erika said...

Almost there!! Ganbatte!

Well, it's past 4 PM. Has Popo arrived?

ardith said...

wow, that was quite an adventure. Congrats! hopefully we can stop by tomorrow!

MidnightHunnyRun said...

Yay! Congratulations, I'll visit tomorrow, if you're able to accept visitors.

Smurfette said...

wow, you're totally reminding me of my experience. it seemed just like yesterday! remember to take it easy. They had me on drugs and did not warn me how it really makes you feel okay when you're not. I actually held baby in one hand and then bent my knees down to pick up something I dropped. Only to be told I shouldn't have done that the last day at the hospital.

And steal all the weird underwear! We smuggled out all the supplies available everytime d. went home to pick up food and asked for more.

ardith said...

Wow @ 3x around. I'm glad you guys are OK. Hope you can eat now.

Smurfette said...

our hospital had these clothe wipes that you just wet. they're way thicker than the baby wipes we buy at costco. we swiped a lot of those too. maybe she doesn't like the coldness. hehe