Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Mexican Out-of-a-Box

I made dinner again today.
Three days in a row!? It's gonna start snowing in LA!

I decided to make Mexican tonight.
I looked through the flavoring packet section & found an enchilada packet. I read the ingredients on the back... tomato sauce only (aside from ground meat & tortillas). That sounds easy enough.

The packet makes red sauce. Water + tomato sauce + packet.
Okay, that's easy.

Next, cook the ground turkey.
And pour a bit of the red sauce on it.
Okay, that's easy.

Next, heat the tortilla. Put sauce on the tortilla. Put meat in the tortilla. Wrap tortilla.
Done, done, done, done.
I also decided to add a bit of cheese inside the tortilla too.

Next, pour the rest of the red sauce on the enchilada wraps.
Hmmmm... there isn't enough red sauce.

Oh well.

I also made Spanish rice out of a box.
And stir fried some frozen veggies & added baby spinach.



The enchilada wasn't soaking wet, but it was moist in the inside, so it was okay. Next time, I'll only wrap 4-5 enchiladas, instead of 7 (the instructions said 8, but I could only squeeze in 6 enchiladas inside the baking dish... and the 7th went on top *laugh*). Then we'd have enough red sauce to make everything soggy.

1 comment:

MidnightHunnyRun said...

That looks really good! Today's word identification is "probit."