Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shiz Can't Cook Series: Tomato-y Italian Dinner

I cooked dinner two nights in a row!
Am I becoming more domestic? Oh ho ho.

Well, it's not really cooking... more like heating things up.

I wanted to eat gnocchi, and we had a packet from Trader Joe's.
Of course I thought it was the creamy type... which I find out later that it's not (I didn't check before I started cooking).

But the TJ gnocchi packet is never enough for two people, unless you have something else with it. So I decided to make something w/ chicken.

I considered making Parmesan chicken, but that seemed too difficult... so I looked up stuff on CookPad (Japanese recipe site) and decided to go w/ a tomato based stew-y chicken.

Onion, mushroom, chicken, spinach + pasta sauce.
Okay, pretty simple.

Then I open the gnocchi packet... ack!
It's tomato based too!

So we'll end up w/ two tomato dishes. Gah!

We also had frozen garlic Parmesan toast, so we toasted it in our toaster oven.

I wanted to also serve Brussels sprouts (frozen w/ garlic butter), but we thought it was too much food, so we decided against it. It really would have been nice to have something green and not tomato based...


Look how red the plate looks!

Next time, greens!

2 comments:

Riff Dog said...

I love the "Can't Cook" series, but seriously, frozen parmesan garlic toast??? ;-) It's not that hard to make yourself and waayyyy better.

MidnightHunnyRun said...

I wasn't paying attention so I saw "Faux Chinese Dinner" and the picture of the gnocchi and thought it was ebi chiri. Today's word verification is "butight." Insert joke here.