Sunday, April 25, 2010

Recovery: 1 Month Mark

So it's been a month since my major abdominal surgery.

The area around the incision is still numb/tingle-y. Occasionally it hurts, like when I sit down hard on the couch. I need to be more careful when I sit.

It took me about 3 weeks to comfortably walk up & down the stairs. I have no probs now, but I get tired if I go up & down more than two times in an hour or so. I need to build up my already-low endurance.

I'm almost back to my original weight. About +/- 2lbs from my original-original weight, and about + 5lbs from my lowest original weight.

I tried driving once... but it seems okay. I like the mini SUV since it's taller & I don't end up sitting down hard like I do w/ other cars. Once we get the back seat set up for Popo, I should be driving around to places more (w/ Sat).

I can finally eat meat & chocolate & fried foods.
That's a relief. I might want to eat Smitty's and Cecil's and Versailles. Someone invite me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i heard there's a place better than versailles. let's go there.