Saturday, May 8, 2010

FB Debut?

じゅるる, who works in the real world, gets requests from co-workers & friends for Popo photos.

I mean, do people really want to see photos of kids they're not related to?

Here's my thought on other people's kid photos.
1. For prints, once a year is good enough.
Like holiday cards.

You see how much they've grown, and it's a good reminder of what they look like (just in case you don't see them often, but would need to recognize them if you see them at the market or something).

2. For digital files that are emailed to you, once a year is also good enough. Maybe even too much, after the initial newborn interest. Altho photos for holidays ain't so bad.

Ichigo wanted to send some Popo photos to friends in Japan, so I e-mailed her smaller files of what I uploaded to Flickr. Sat agreed that people wouldn't care to HAVE photos of kids (= Popo) of kids (= me) they're not related to. But Ichigo's generation don't all have emails and internet access (only via cellphone), so maybe this was the only way to go.

Which brings me to...
My Flickr set, full of Popo photos.

Since only friends & family have access to it, I'm okay posting all these photos and being a total 親バカ. And although I think the photos are all adorable (see, 親バカ), I dunno if I want to have everyone we know see our complete 親バカ-ness.

So what do we do w/ じゅるる's colleagues?
We could make a Picasa account w/ a limited number of Popo photos to share. Or create an album on FB...

But I don't wanna be one of those who have kid photos as their profile picture. Okay, an album on FB isn't a profile pix... but it's one step closer!

That doesn't mean I'll stop じゅるる from having an album.
He's nowhere as neurotic about being public on FB as I am. I mean, I resisted being connected to him until we both updated about Popo on FB. I still think it sucks that FB forces BOTH of you to be linked, once you confirm your relationship. It can't be a one-way thing? Really?

Okay, I stop my rant.
Popo will be making a FB debut shortly... maybe.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I don't think it'll really matter if people see how 親バカ you are because everyone does it. Actually, I think you're better than most, because you're not posting 20 photos of Popo taken within a 10 second span. Seriously, I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Erika said...

Also, if you're concerned about privacy, Facebook is the last place you want to be posting pictures of Popo.