Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lean Cuisine Review #1

Since Ralphs had Lean Cuisine meals on sale for $1.85 each, I decided to try some of them out.

There are hits and misses, so here's my review of the ones I tried.

Flat Bread Sandwich - Chicken, Red Pepper & Basil
I liked this one. It's very cheesy, which was really nice.
The flat bread is a lot thicker than I expected & chewy too. But it tasted pretty good, like white bread at Subway.

Panini - Chicken, Artichoke & Spinach
Was okay.
I wish it was cheesier. Didn't taste much of the artichoke too.

Panini - Steak & Cheese
Okay to kinda bleah.
The bread is thick and yummy, but would be nice if it could get crunchier... which is a bit hard w/ a microwave.
Steak was okay, and the cheese had a nacho cheese flavor, making it taste more chili-like.

Pizza - Roasted Vegetables
Bleah. No taste!
I was looking forward to this one, b/c I like the veggie pizza at CPK and other places.

The crust is the same as flat bread. Soft & chewy. I actually don't mind the taste of the crust.
The toppings include red & green bell pepper, cheese and tomato sauce. Unfortunately none of the toppings have any flavoring added, making the whole thing bland.

Entree - Chicken Pecan
The chicken & pecans were in a sweet sauce. And it's paired up w/ the rice-shaped pasta (orzo?), some wheat-like grain, snap peas and red bell pepper. It was okay, but I think the bread-type meals are more filling.

I got five boxes initially... and got a $1 off coupon for buying another five, so went to buy more the next day. So I'll have more entrees to review.

No comments: